Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Adding a room thermostat

On 9 Oct 2020 08:15:26 GMT, Roger Hayter wrote:

I am sure your boiler has a way of switching off on demand water
heating, which would save a few quid over a year by stopping short
cycling to keep the water heat exchanger hot if you don't mind not
having hot water immediately available at some hours,

It's a combi, *hours* to heat it's internal heat exchanger or even
built in small buffer store? A decent gas boiler ought to be able to
reheat a whole hot water cylinder in an less than an hour.

When I had a 2 bed flat the HW cylinder would reheat in 20 mins. When
the time switch died, I didn't bother replacing it, just switched the
water on when I needed it. Heating was on a room thermostat and
manual on/off switch. BIG drop in gas bill...

--
Cheers
Dave.