Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Adding a room thermostat

On 08/10/2020 20:57, Roland Perry wrote:
In message l.net, at
19:45:29 on Thu, 8 Oct 2020, Dave Liquorice
remarked:
On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 15:09:24 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:

The other is that if I'm comfortable in my living room (which also has a
wood-burner) there's no need to keep any of the rest of the house heated
by the boiler. Because I'm not in any of the rest of the house

Wouldn't put the stat in a room with a heat source it's not
controlling. Wood burner makes living room nice and warm, stat is
satisfied and rest of house doesn't get any heat.

But I'm not in any of the rest of the house, Dear Liza.

Then use a plain radio stat in series with the timer output

--
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to
rule.