Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Adding a room thermostat

On 08/10/2020 13:11, Andy Burns wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:

I'd like to add a room thermostat in the living room [running
additional wiring isn't an issue] but need to know if it can simply be
put in series with the timer-control.

I'd use a programmable thermostat in the living room then either remove
the existing timer, or set it "on" 24x7.

That's what I do - main controller is set CH on for 24/7 (off during the
summer months). The thermostat replaces the timer for CH on the main
controller.

Programmable thermostat set for frost protection temperatures overnight
and up to 4 different temperature slots during the day. When I was
working different times for weekdays and weekends.

I originally had a fixed thermostat in the hall which, in retrospect,
was in the wrong position and for the past 10 years or so a wireless
model with the sender positioned in my main living room. If the OP used
a wireless model the wiring and positioning of the receiver could be
close to his existing controller.