Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 13A induction hob

On Tuesday, 6 October 2020 12:59:47 UTC+1, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
"R D S" wrote in message
I'm ready to order a hob...

I thought I needed a 13A hob, but it turns out I can tweak my plans and
get whatever I like.

If I stick to the original brief and get a 13A one, are they effective
enough? Has anyone got one and has real life experience?

I can't imagine hammering all 4 rings on full at once.

TIA.

Cobolt sell portable talking single and double induction hobs, so they would
not seel them if they did not work.

Plenty of retail products don't really work

Both are on a 13A plug, so the double one has to be less than half that
rating.
Brian

not at all. Rings are very often 1.5kW or less. When total ring power adds up to 240v 13A they're wired so that the lowest priority rings only get power when the others aren't using it all. It sort-of works.

NT