Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Tradesman - Price markup on parts

On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 00:59:26 +0100, williamwright wrote:

On 07/10/2020 22:29, PeterC wrote:
Some of these, I've read, do BIY (Buy It Yourself) to stay under the
threshhold and avoid expenditure, What happens in the case of faults I don't
know - I'd ask for a headed and signed list to cover myself. Is uppose
though that a sole trader at that turnover isn't offering insurance-backed
warranties!

The problem, of course, is that a dispute can arise: was it faulty
goods, or did the installer effectively break it?

Bill

Indeed. Luckily I have sufficient experience (if little knowledge) to spot
borkage due to bodging - a lot of it very first-hand!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away