Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Tradesman - Price markup on parts

On Wed, 7 Oct 2020 18:21:54 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

The other (probably more
useful) one is for non VAT registered businesses that are attempting to
stay under the mandatory VAT registration threshold, since disbursements
are not counted towards turnover. So matey can buy materials for a job
and in effect just act as an agent for the customer (not worth doing
IMHO since its going to cost you time and liquidity to do, and if the
materials are defective the hassle is still likely to land at your feet
regardless!)

Some of these, I've read, do BIY (Buy It Yourself) to stay under the
threshhold and avoid expenditure, What happens in the case of faults I don't
know - I'd ask for a headed and signed list to cover myself. Is uppose
though that a sole trader at that turnover isn't offering insurance-backed
warranties!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away