Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Tradesman - Price markup on parts

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
charles wrote:
Not as bad as the radiator valve warehouse I went to a few years ago.
"We're only allowed to take credit card details over the phone." So, I
had to go into another room where I was rung up and able to give my
credit card details.

Some years ago, decided to send a parcel by CityLink as they had a depot
opposite work. Save making a special journey. They wouldn't accept cash or
a credit card. Cheques or account only. No wonder they failed.

The BBC filmed a documentary about them in 2014. Part of it was
in their new distribultion centre, massive place not yet opened,
all conveyor belts going everywhere. The guy showing them around
was so proud of it and couldn't wait to get started. And then on
Christmas Eve that year they called in the adminsistrators

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b052n7ff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30602326

michael adams