Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Tradesman - Price markup on parts

In article ,
williamwright wrote:
On 07/10/2020 09:12, No Name wrote:

I was in an animal food supplier's recently and they had a big notice
that said, "Internet prices are for internet sales only." In other
words, it was dearer to buy from the shop.

Bill

Yes because the running costs of a High street "Bricks & Mortar" outlet
in a town/city are much higher than a warehouse out in the countryside.

Actually this is a warehouse on an industrial estate. They allow people
to go in and pick stuff up, and they have a till. When you appear at the
till one of the lads gets off his fork lift and comes to take your dosh
(sometimes a girl appears to do it). It is very rough and ready
(especially the lass). There are several supermarket trolleys outside
for customers to use, and the threshold at the one entrance they let us
use is really difficult to get the trolley across. It isn't very
inviting, really!

Not as bad as the radiator valve warehouse I went to a few years ago.
"We're only allowed to take credit card details over the phone." So, I had
to go into another room where I was rung up and able to give my credit card
details.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England