Posted to uk.d-i-y
Another Dave Another Dave is offline

Default Castor-resistant laminate

On 06/10/2020 17:19, Robin wrote:
On 06/10/2020 12:20, Another Dave wrote:
I'm about to re-floor my "man cave" (2.0M x 3.20M). I'd like to use
wood effect laminate but I'm worried that my desire to scoot around on
my swivel chair will damage it. It has 5 castored feet and I weigh
13.5 stone. What am I looking for? Is it AC4, IC2 or something else
entirely?

Any advice gratefully received.

'er indoors uses such a chair on a patch of, ahem, value-for-money wood
effect laminate.Â* That is used like one of the mats one can buy - i.e.
laid on top of carpet + underlay.Â* I shudder to think what state the
carpet + underlay are in but after 7 years the laminate is dull and a
bit chipped at the unbounded edges but otherwise undamaged.

The idea of an extra sacrificial layer does appeal. Thanks.

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to techie