Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tradesman - Price markup on parts

In article ,
williamwright wrote:
EuroCarParts are famous for this. Different prices on Ebay, web and in
store. And then there are their discount codes.

I was in an animal food supplier's recently and they had a big notice
that said, "Internet prices are for internet sales only." In other
words, it was dearer to buy from the shop.

That's one way to make sure the shop will close, sooner or later.

It's more understandable with a high street shop.

But the likes of ECP are basically a warehouse with a counter. And usually
busy. And given Ebay sales include free delivery, I'd love to see a true
breakdown of costs.

--
*Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.