Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name No Name is offline

Default Tradesman - Price markup on parts

On 07/10/2020 03:06, williamwright wrote:
EuroCarParts are famous for this. Different prices on Ebay, web and in
store. And then there are their discount codes.

I was in an animal food supplier's recently and they had a big notice
that said, "Internet prices are for internet sales only." In other
words, it was dearer to buy from the shop.

Bill

Yes because the running costs of a High street "Bricks & Mortar" outlet
in a town/city are much higher than a warehouse out in the countryside.

Coincidentally, a "Dropshipper" has even lower costs than a warehouse
and can often operate out of a single office with suitable IT.

Several well known internet brands are really Dropshippers in disguise.

For instance I ordered 4 items recently from one Single well known website.

The items all came in 4 different parcels on 4 different days from 4
different warehouses.

I only had to pay 1 set of P&P, not 4 sets of P&P...