Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default WiFi out to 800 feet

On 10/6/20 6:35 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
300ft is about the limit for omnidirectional antennas on
both ends of a 2.4GHz link.

I tried linking the shop to the house on 2.4 using 24" antennas
at both ends. Distance was 1400 feet.
Never could get it to work.

For 800ft, directional antennas with some
gain are going to be required. To get some decent speeds, 5GHz
instead of 2.4GHz.

I bought a pair of Ubiquiti LiteBeam M5 with 23 dB antennas.
Absolutely solid link.

"Using a 1930 Teletype as a Linux Terminal"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XLZ4Z8LpEE

I've seen that before. I don't have a Model 15. I have a Lorenz
Lo-15c (made in Germany under license from the Teletype Corp.

Try it with your Model 15. That should keep you out of trouble for at
least a little while.

Actually, I use it on i-Telex.
https://www.i-telex.net/

--