Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Tradesman - Price markup on parts

In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
It's not that rare I find for prices to be (slightly) lower from a
business on eBay than direct from their own web site. I guess it
gives them a bit more flexibility to provide 'trade' discounts when
selling direct.

EuroCarParts are famous for this. Different prices on Ebay, web and in
store. And then there are their discount codes.

There is often a large difference in price for car tyres (incl fitting)
when buying/booking on line, phoning up and just turning up. Also in the
latter two cases you have to establish at the outset you want the price
for fitting including valves and balancing and it includes VAT or you
may find additional charges when it comes to pay.