Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Castor-resistant laminate

On Tue, 6 Oct 2020 13:20:25 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

On 06/10/2020 12:20, Another Dave wrote:
I'm about to re-floor my "man cave" (2.0M x 3.20M). I'd like to use wood
effect laminate but I'm worried that my desire to scoot around on my
swivel chair will damage it. It has 5 castored feet and I weigh 13.5
stone. What am I looking for? Is it AC4, IC2 or something else entirely?

Any advice gratefully received.

Get a big mat. Office chairs are too skiddy on hard floors IME.

I bought a chair-mat from Ikea in 2012; it's still in use but, as it's on a
rug on a carpet, it's a bit turned up at the edges and there are some cracks
but nothing serious.
It does 'walk' a bit on the rug so I usually move it back to about an inch
or so clear of the edge. On a hard floor it would do a lot better.
There is a 'correct' way up for it but, as the chair will roll out the top
and cause a bit of a curve, migh be worth turning occasionally.
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/kolon-f...ctor-44881100/
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away