Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default Partially-used paint tins milk bottle

wrote :
plastics don't last very well. I'd guess milk bottles are some sort of PE,
which is not one of the longer lived plastics.

I have feet to spread the weight, attached to the corner steadies of my
tourer caravan. They are attached via a plastic pin. I bought these
around 18 years ago, but quite soon managed to snap the retaining pins.
I replaced the pins, with the rolled up plastic milk bottle material -
cut a large rectangle and simply roll it up to form a pin. Each time I
have changed caravans, I have simply moved the feet and pin to the
newer one. The have been there, out in the sun and whether for around
17 years, with absolutely no deterioration.