Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Tradesman - Price markup on parts

Says it all about many trades. They just go for the best deal, not the
best product.

Actually no, not in this case. We weren't changing makes to get a better
deal, we were doing it to boycott a particular manufacturer because they
had a policy of selling to the DIY sheds at a lower price than to the trade.
The change was mostly to the main competitor, and the quality was at
least as good.

I take it you think the price a maker sells something to various different
customers should be controlled by law?

No, unlike like you I'm not a statist/commie. They can sell at whatever
price pleases them and customers can vote with their feet. That's the
free market, an alien concept to the likes of you I think.

Bill