Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington[_2_] David Billington[_2_] is offline

Default Something Like A Utility Knife Blade Only Bigger

On 04/10/2020 00:42, Bob La Londe wrote:
We were working on a tool today using a dozen utility knife blades. It
worked, and the blades are cheap, readily available, and generally
sharp enough for the job.Â* It would be a better tool if we could find
a similar blade that has those attributes, and is a little longer and
wider.Â* Is there such an animal?Â* One that while it might be more
expensive is still relatively cheap?

Planer blades, DIY ones are small enough and available in various sizes
and materials, then recently I was helping a woodworker with a Wadkin
BAO planer thicknesser with HSS blades about 310mmx 30mmx 3mm @ about
£15 a pair.