Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Tradesman - Price markup on parts

alan_m wrote:
On 03/10/2020 09:44, Chris B wrote:

That is a fair point, and as someone else said I have the opportunity to
spend half a day looking for the best price.Â* In practice however these
days with google it takes but seconds to get the best price.

Go and Google for the best price for, say, a TV (identical model
numbers) or white goods (identical model numbers). Prices inclusive of
delivery and only from those suppliers with stock who can deliver
quickly. You may find that it takes more than a few seconds.

Not to mention that it's only those suppliers who pay who get their
goods onto Google Shopping (I'm assuming you mean to use Google
Shopping).

Google Shopping can be quite good for finding reasonable prices on
straightforward things but for 'insides of boilers' type things (which
is what this thread started with) it's often not the best/cheapest
approach.

--
Chris Green
·