Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I need more drop on this soil pipe...

On 01/10/2020 17:29, R D S wrote:
On 01/10/2020 16:42, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Modern low water volume flush?

I've got it filling up 6 litres.

Dual flush and he uses the even lower volume option?

Interesting, i'll ask.

Pipe work designed for old several of gallons flush?

It is 4 inch.

As some one else has said where is it blocking and is there anything
for stuff to get stuck on at that point?

It's blocking in the U bend, hence my thoughts. Several flushes usually
sorts it but it persisted today so the plunger came out.

A greater drop beyond the U bend wont fix that.

The WC does look to have a small/narrow exit area (is there a word for
that), It's been bugging me in that it often needs a clean after use.
It's quite low too, I thought that might be just down to the cheap
flimsy seat. Are there different sizes of these things? More attention
plainly needed when buying, though it's not often, is it?

I think we have an unfortunate combination of factors here but I can
easily get a little more drop at the right of the horizontal section,
i'll give that a go first.

I hate to say it, but if its a hard water area, you may have massive
scaling in the U bend.

I spent a merry week after I moved house once with brick acid, chisel
and every proprietary descaler I could find, and eventually removed
about a 2 inch layer of **** encrusted scale round the U bend.

These days I fill the bog up with a descaler overnight once every month
or two

In fact its well worth using a ****load of brick acid every so often to
shift scale followed by caustic soda or hot bleach to shift any fat bergs..

If you tip acid down the loo,does it fizz? If so tip more and more until
it doesn't...