Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boilers

In article ,
David wrote:
gree. My Viessmann is 12 years old now. Only had one major problem
with it - when it was only a few years old the igniter unit failed and
took the PCB with it A fixed-price repair from Viessmann direct,
which included a service (the only service it's ever had!), and it's
been fine ever since.

My Viessmann has all the peripherals supplied via individual fuses on the
PCB. I found that out with its only failure. A hose split, and water took
out the gas supply valve. And the fuse on the PCB, which is a soldered in
type. Cost pennies for me to replace that fuse.
The average repair man would have fitted a new PCB at a cost of many
hundreds.

--
*My wife and I had words. But I didn't get to use mine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.