Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Boilers

On 01/10/2020 08:40, David wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 September 2020 at 14:43:47 UTC+1, No Name wrote:

Also might be worth looking at Intergas boilers... exceptionally simple
engineering with only four easy to replace parts to go wrong apparently....

S.

Agree. My Viessmann is 12 years old now. Only had one major problem with it - when it was only a few years old the igniter unit failed and took the PCB with it A fixed-price repair from Viessmann direct, which included a service (the only service it's ever had!), and it's been fine ever since.

If I had to replace it now, it would definitely be with an Intergas.

While Intergas seems to be worth considering I wasn't able to find clear
evidence earlier this year that they were more reliable than other
premium brands. My Dutch is non-existent but even Consumerboten seemed
not to give them a clear lead over Vaillant for combis.

--
Robin