Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default where to find tim

On 30 Sep 2020 at 22:30:30 BST, "T i m" wrote:

On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 17:06:11 +0100, "Jim GM4 DHJ ..."
wrote:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...rkets-19012844

Well, you won't find the Mrs or I there atm as daughter is doing our
shopping but it will make all our lives easier than having to find all
the good stuff amongst the animal exploitation and remains etc.

And the bizarre thing of course is that *everyone* can eat vegan /
vegetarian food (assuming you have a normal digestive system) so it
*will* become bigger as more people ask / buy it. [1]

Given the British and American Dietetic Associations have stated that
a well planned vegan diet (any diet should be well planned) is
adequate for people of all ages and we are all advised to cut back on
meat for loads of different reasons, it just makes good sense.

https://preview.tinyurl.com/w6z6439

I grilled these sausages for brunch, with some mushrooms, tomato and
'Heinz 5 Beans' on toast (and a mug of tea with oat milk etc):

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/305967253

This review sort of sums it up for me:

"I bought these last week and cooked for all the family I’m the only
vegetarian but trying to encourage us all to eat less meat and the
same food, they cooked up lovely and made my mouth water when cooking
I didn't’t even tell my daughter they were meat free and she didn’t
mention anything we all really enjoyed them the texture and flavour
were lovely definitely buy again."

If the non vegi family 'all really enjoyed them', why would you want
to support all the pain, suffering and pollution with the old
fashioned ones?

https://ibb.co/3BTt5zv

Cheers, T i m

[1] The ice cream van we pass regularly when dog walking bought a
couple of boxes of the Magnum vegan chock-ices in for us, and wasn't
bothered when we had something different one hot day (a water lolly)
because he said ... 'No, please don't feel obliged to buy them mate,
I'm selling plenty to other people anyway ...' ;-)

He may have even been selling them to people who might not have bought
anything in any case (as we often wouldn't).

While I do tend to keep some vegan sausages or similar (Richmond very good!)
in the freezer for a treat, a lot of vegan processed food is overpriced swill
- fat, salt, flour and 'flavour'. Better for the animal and probably the
environment, but I dread to think what it might do to people.

Which in fairness is true of meat/animal based stuff too.

--
Cheers, Rob