Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boilers

In article 2020093014594972288-nospam@nospamcom,
John Smith wrote:
On 2020-09-30 12:41:40 +0000, The Nomad said:

a) buy a new PCB and hope or

b) Get a new boiler - this one is knackered, rusty internally (DAHIK - IJD
- OK)

if b) as I suspect it will have to happen in the next short while anyway
Worcerster-Bosh, Vallaint or ???

We are in the same position - old Vaillant conked out. I have a repair
guy coming later today and he has parts and I will ask for an opinion
on whether it's better to replace it. He is an authorised Ideal
installer but can work on anything.

I had another firm in the morning to quote, which they are doing.

On makes, the consensus I reckon is that Vaillant is the best - better
build than Worcester according to this morning's chap, and easy to work
on. Which? also scores Vaillant the highest.

Don't install one that is overated - our house has 16 rads/hot water
cylinder but a 24kw boiler is OK.

I'd caution against taking just the advice of an installer. They are
likely to want the most profit and ease of supply and installation. The
devil you know... They ain't going to be worried if it lasts 10 years
against 20 for a better make.

--
*Prepositions are not words to end sentences with *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.