Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Smith[_21_] John Smith[_21_] is offline

Default Boilers

On 2020-09-30 12:41:40 +0000, The Nomad said:

a) buy a new PCB and hope or

b) Get a new boiler - this one is knackered, rusty internally (DAHIK - IJD
- OK)

if b) as I suspect it will have to happen in the next short while anyway
Worcerster-Bosh, Vallaint or ???

We are in the same position - old Vaillant conked out. I have a repair
guy coming later today and he has parts and I will ask for an opinion
on whether it's better to replace it. He is an authorised Ideal
installer but can work on anything.

I had another firm in the morning to quote, which they are doing.

On makes, the consensus I reckon is that Vaillant is the best - better
build than Worcester according to this morning's chap, and easy to work
on. Which? also scores Vaillant the highest.

Don't install one that is overated - our house has 16 rads/hot water
cylinder but a 24kw boiler is OK.