Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name No Name is offline

Default Boilers

On 30/09/2020 14:11, No Name wrote:
On 30/09/2020 13:41, The Nomad wrote:
All assembled knowledgeable folk,

I fear the time has come, the ravenheat boiler has expired, no spark, fan
runs etc. etc. but not spark, not even the clicking from the igniter ...

Do I:

a) buy a new PCB and hope or

b) Get a new boiler - this one is knackered, rusty internally (DAHIK -
IJD
- OK)

if b) as I suspect it will have to happen in the next short while anyway
Worcerster-Bosh, Vallaint or ???

Your thoughts on makes is welcomed

Regards

Avpx

bear in mind:

Eventually gas boilers will be phased out for heat pumps and solar PV.
there is a certain year quoted for this

There might be an opportunity to get some cheap insulation/energy
efficiency work done on your house as part of Rishi's Grant scheme....

Also might be worth looking at Intergas boilers... exceptionally simple
engineering with only four easy to replace parts to go wrong apparently....

S.