Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default TV Repair

On 30/09/2020 10:20, JohnP wrote:
On a Facebook site for a holiday venue someone was asking for a TV Repair
bloke. I mischievously said that TV faults are in two categories now:
Owner induced Setting Mistakes - or not worth repairing (commercially) and
recalled the demise of the TV repair van.

I know DIY ers can replace power supply capacitors - but am I far from the
truth?

There are some modern TV repairers about... but far less common than
once was a time.

DIY repairs on the common stuff like failed LED backlight strips are
fairly easy and common.

--
Cheers,

John.