Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Page[_2_] Clive Page[_2_] is offline

Default Paint durability question

On 28/09/2020 12:24, Scott wrote:
I am in an argument about a door that was painted by the Factors
(managing agents) about a year ago. They are suggesting it may need
to be done again. In general terms, could anyone comment how long
exterior oil-based gloss should last? I promise not to cite you as a
witness for the Pursuer :-)

Surely it depends on whether the door is wood, plastic, or metal, and even more on its exposure to the elements. I find that wooden windows exposed to the full southern sun and rain need painting every couple of years. Other areas less often.

--
Clive Page