Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Paint durability question

On Monday, 28 September 2020 12:24:53 UTC+1, Scott wrote:
I am in an argument about a door that was painted by the Factors
(managing agents) about a year ago. They are suggesting it may need
to be done again. In general terms, could anyone comment how long
exterior oil-based gloss should last? I promise not to cite you as a
witness for the Pursuer :-)

It varies hugely. Can even be as bad as 1 yr in some cases. Paint reformulation has caused some problems in this respect. It's really impossible to know who or what is to blame without investigation.

NT