Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Best bargain smart phone?

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Pamela wrote:
Very true. It never ceases to surprise me just how many calls from a
mobile have terrible audio quality. Even in London where you'd expect
the coverage to be OK.

I've never heard such poor speech quality, mainly on radio phone-ins, as
during the pandemic. Probably partly due to Skype, Zoom, etc.

Having used Zoom quite a bit during this pandemic, never quite understood
how they can have reasonable pictures but appalling sound. But not always
- from the same person using exactly the same equipment as previously.

As I've seen it, the pictures are often static or jerky when coupled with
bad sound.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England