Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4 DHJ ... Jim GM4 DHJ ... is offline

Default Best bargain smart phone?

On 27/09/2020 11:25, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:48:36 on Sun, 27 Sep
2020, Jim GM4 DHJ ... remarked:
My present phone makes phone calls and texts - but that's all.

I want to buy a modern smartphone for PAYG, but I'm amazed at the
virtually infinite range of models and prices - literally anything
from £10 to £1000.

It's only for occasional use, and doesn't need to do anything fancy
-Â* but obviously a few phonecalls, texts, internet, apps etc. The
SamsungÂ* A20E (at around £150) seems to be well recommended as a
reasonableÂ* compromise - but there are several others in a similar
price range. IÂ* don't really want to pay more, so does anyone have
any suggestions?

Â*Many thanks to those who made various alternative suggestions, but
inÂ* the end I've sent off for the A20E.

hope it wasn't carphone warehouse who sell your details then you get
endless calls quoting your first name so you don't hang up too soon

£129 from Amazon, although I gave up on Galaxy phones because of the
non-standard Android and associated bloatware.

love my 2012 galaxy 2