Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default How many amps...?

On 26 Sep 2020 at 13:05:44 BST, "ARW" wrote:

On 26/09/2020 12:03, Roger Hayter wrote:
On 26 Sep 2020 at 11:54:29 BST, "Andy Burns" wrote:

Roger Hayter wrote:

Tim+ wrote:

The incoming wires look decidedly €śskinny€ť.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bxXz6j1vgG8fNX7T7

The outgoing wires from the meter to the fusebox look more worryingly
slim.

Surely the outgoing (on the right) are thicker than the incoming?

Oh yes, you could be right. I interpreted the grey wires as daisy-chained
supply wires going to other flats, but perhaps this flat has three large
meter
tails from a connection block to three CUs - that's even odder to my mind.

Meter are wired left to right Lin Nin Nout Lout

Nout actually serves no purpose and the neutral to the CU could be
direct from the cut out if desired. The neutral is only there to allow
the meter to work.

Best not if there is an isolation switch between the cutout and the meter.
Just in case anyone followed your suggestion literally.
--
Roger Hayter