Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_9_] Ian Jackson[_9_] is offline

Default Best bargain smart phone?

In message , Ian Jackson
writes
My present phone makes phone calls and texts - but that's all.

I want to buy a modern smartphone for PAYG, but I'm amazed at the
virtually infinite range of models and prices - literally anything from
£10 to £1000.

It's only for occasional use, and doesn't need to do anything fancy -
but obviously a few phonecalls, texts, internet, apps etc. The Samsung
A20E (at around £150) seems to be well recommended as a reasonable
compromise - but there are several others in a similar price range. I
don't really want to pay more, so does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks to those who made various alternative suggestions, but in
the end I've sent off for the A20E.
--
Ian