BigWallop

Default self build conservatory - glazing question

"Nicholas" wrote in message
Hi

I'm building a softwood conservatory and want to use double glazed
units for the roof.

the question is ....

how do I constuct it so that the roof units are covered all around the
seal and prevent slippage of the units. I'm referring to the bottom
edge of the units that overhang the guttering.

???

Flashing ? Joinery ?

Any thoughts appreciated.

What are you using as a seal between the glass and the timber frame ? Are
you using routed timber joists and clips ? What type of glass are you using
? Are you aware that there are regulations in force, that actually specify
the type of glass used for this type of construction ? Do you know that
drainage of surface water also comes under regulation ? What type of
foundation is the structure standing on ? Is the glass supporting any of
the weight of the structure or is the timber the only solid support with the
glass being suspended from it ?

Need more input as to what you are actually thinking of doing, as there are
so many types and techniques for this kind of structure.