Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Royal Mail going overboard with face masks

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 21:16:44 +0100, Snit wrote:

On Sep 23, 2020 at 11:41:57 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey""
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 19:16:30 +0100, Snit
wrote:

On Sep 23, 2020 at 9:59:28 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey""
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 01:56:35 +0100, Snit
wrote:

On Sep 22, 2020 at 4:57:30 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey""

There's no point in doing that. Why not just everyone go about their
normal
daily lives. If you catch it, you either die and get your weaker
body out
of
the gene pool, or you don't.

I would prefer not to get it at all. And Trump promises a vaccine, fully
tested and safe, will be available by election day. I fully trust him
given
how he is the most powerful man in the world and clearly is well
informed.

And you're free to stay indoors and hide to achieve that. But no
government
should ever force anyone to be safe.

They have an obligation to keep you from harming others. THAT is really
what
this is about.

Bull****. Let's say you stay indoors to be safe. I go out and wear no
mask.
How do I get that virus to you?!

If you spread it in the community you put everyone at risk.

Only those who also chose to go out.

People need to get food, go to doctors, etc.

They don't have to walk right next to me. They can wear a mask. They can
get home deliveries.

Irrelevant to the point being made about community spread.

My point is it can only spread between two people who are both not being careful.

Even if you do go out, your mask will protect you!

It will reduce the risk, but that is not as black and white.

So the virus magically knows it's moving through the mask in a different
direction? Right....

How do you figure?

I was being sarcastic duh.

So you accept it is not as black and white as you presented? Or are you just
dodging that point?

No, I'm saying if your mask stops you giving it to me, it must also stop me giving it to you. So if I don't wear a mask, you're still safe.