Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Painting with a Roller - History (OT ish)

On 22/09/2020 15:26, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I guess its better than rolling with a painter?

We had a roller in 1956, in a flat we had in Wandsworth, but it was pretty
crude made of cheapo plastic foam and on ceilings, according to my dad, I
was only 6 at the time, left big bits unpainted and could not be cleaned. A
waste of money.
Brian

Just bung paint rollers in the washing machine on a cold wash and they
clean up nicely (assuming water based paints).

I forget which of the varied paints I've used during lockdown caused the
problem but one of them destroyed foam rollers. OK for around 10 minutes
use but then the roller started reducing rapidly in diameter as the foam
disappeared.