Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Kind of OT, Sweats

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 11:33:54 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 10:58:21 +0100, T i m wrote:

Not 'quickly' (I'm 64 btw).

snip
The other thing I was thinking is how well we can deal with that
situation seems to vary greatly between people. Like, the Mrs seem to
be very 'temperature unstable', sitting in a room at 20 DegC and
asking me if I'm hot and a short time later, with the room at the
exact same temperature, if I'm cold (because she now is).

Your missus might have another reason that depending on how much
younger she is...

She's older Dave (I went for the 'mature woman' this time (70+)). ;-)

Maybe it's many years of motorcycling and not wanting to keep stopping
to adjust my clothing for the optimal temperature has trained me to
deal with (put up with) a greater range than some without feeling the
need to dress differently?

You ceratinly get used to the normal temperature range that you
experience. Living at 1400' it's a good wooly jumper colder up here
than down nearer sea level.

It's funny. When I was 16- and used to go and visit my girlfriend on
my moped you get to experience the 'outside more closely than you
would in a car or even cycling or walking (where you tend to warm
yourself up by the effort). Coming back late at night there were
several hollows where you could feel the temperature plummet for a
while and it would then feel positively warm on the other side. ;-)

I find once the temperature gets above
low twenties it's getting "too hot", even if there is a bit of a
breeze.

Yeah, I can cope up to about 25, as long as I'm not working *too* hard
but even if out on a long dog walk you can generally set the pace to
ensure you don't overheat, especially when in the direct sun and with
no breeze.

She can't cope as well with the hotter weather and partly why we have
never felt the need to go abroad to holiday.

Cheers, T i m