Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kind of OT, Sweats

On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 21:59:25 +0100 (GMT+01:00), thescullster wrote:

I was rewiring a light fitting today, stood on the (very solid)
dining table. Slightly stooped due to table vs ceiling
height.

So the physical exertion being expended wasn't great and the level
of concentration not intense.
And yet I was sweating profusely doing this.

Stooped, so with top of body and head looking downwards but working
upwards to the ceiling is awkward. You'd be holding your body at
pecuilar angles and working against gravity. It's surprising how much
additional effort is required to work on a ceiling when you can't
stand up straight.

Add in that on a warm day ceiling height will be warm and without
door and window open, little air movement to evaporate your sweat to
cool you means one does get a bit sticky.

--
Cheers
Dave.