Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Trenching cost

Chris Green Wrote in message:
Jimk wrote:
Chris Green Wrote in message:
Jimk wrote:
Chris Green Wrote in message:
michael adams wrote:

"Theo" wrote in message
Jimk wrote:
If you've got it all ready?
depending on access, a man & machine £300/day, a day to dig, lay
backfill?
Where does excess spoil go?

Thanks. Spoil would likely need to be removed - can probably use some of it,
but not a great deal.

So what diameter are these pipes exactly ?

Yes, I was going to ask that, a mole plough would probably do it more
cheaply. Do you really want the paving slabs on top?

All down to cost I suspect.. how much is a moling operation for a
day? Must be more than aman&adigger?

I bought a mole plough a few months ago, it cost £320. You do of
course need a tractor to drag it through the ground.

A mole plough isn't one of those self propelled undeground guided
missile things. It's something you drag behind a tractor with a sort
of 'bullet' at the bottom of a blade and a pipe that runs down to the
'bullet' that you feed a pipe into. A quick 'net search will show you
what it is.

Mine has saved me much digging and money burying both MDPE water pipes
and Cat5e cables.

Over 15m distances? I bet a tractor up to that will be 4m long
itself...?

I've done shorter than 15 metres, I think the shortest is probably
about 5 metres. I have a Kubuta STV36 compact tractor and it has no
problem at all pulling the mole plough.

How deep?
--
Jimk