Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Best bargain smart phone?

Chris Green wrote:
Lifetime of what? It still works as a phone even when not being
updated, and there is the extra plus that it doesn't run out of space
all by itself because of more and more updates eating space.

As regards security I don't keep anything worth stealing on my phone! :-)

Do you do any of these things:

- run apps
- have email on your phone
- keep contacts on your phone
- calendars
- keep photos or files you don't want other people to see
- connect to wifi networks that aren't your own
- have an airtime contract / substantial PAYG balance

If so you're potentially at risk from having phone out of security support.
It's up to you to make a judgement as to the risks of data being
stolen. But it's simplistic to just say 'I don't use my phone for banking
so I'm OK'.

Theo