Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default OT next financial crash end of October?...

On 18/09/2020 14:13, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Max
Demian writes
On 18/09/2020 09:40, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Vir Campestris
writes

Before lockdown I was considering buying a sensible car for the
commute. My nice car now has 175,000 miles and is 20 years old... As
my commute is now about as many metres as it used to be miles I
didn't. Sounds like perhaps I should!
Â*For rather different reasons, I too am in the market for a car.
Â*My wife: shopper, cook, organiser and otherwise important person has
developed a painful knee due to wear and tear of cartilage.
Â*Gear changing on her diesel Fiesta has become an issue.

Can't she get a car with one good gear that will last a few years?

:-)Â* She managed to get to Waitrose and back this morning so there is hope.
Anyone want a low mileage, overdue for a cambelt change Fiesta?

Why on earth did she buy a diesel fiesta in the first place ?.
Diesels and 'low mileage' are a bad combination.

Yaris petrol/hybrid seems to be the sort of car she should have.
Implicitly auto.