Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default Covid-19 apps, what a waste

Arlen Holder submitted this idea :
On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 11:27:32 -0400, FromTheRafters wrote:

Sure, like everything else, it is not perfect, but that's no reason to
discourage people from using such a measure if they want to.

These aren't "my" concerns; they're the concerns of a _lot_ of people.

My phone is a landline phone, so they are not 'my' concerns either.

If I had one so equipped, I would not consider it as helping society so
much as helping myself and my circle of friends and encounters in
mandatory 'socializing' like in shopping for food and such. I "might"
get an early warning of possible infection if one of my friends or
fellow shoppers gets tested positive and has the app, or if I get a
positive test my friends might get early warning by the same token.

IMO, the downsides are the downsides of having such a phone in the
first place.