Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Built a Hole!

On 9/15/2020 9:42 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 6:32:49 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 9/12/2020 2:01 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/10/2020 6:34 PM, Leon wrote:

The roll out drawer holds a cat litter box and needed a hole for
entering and exiting.

Here is where I got to use my Shaper Origin again for a paying job!

So I built the %&^((($%$###$****** box with the included plastic
fasteners.

Then I cut the hole!!!!

No computer design for the CNC work. The on board software, on the
Origin, let me establish the X,Y axis on the drawer front, dial in the
proper offset, cut the size rectangle I want, and add a radius to all
corners. SIMPLE!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

So, how much money do I have to invest to make a hole like that? Did
you recoup your costs on the first job?

LOL. The short answer is $2500. I probably got back $300 on the
first job.

I can't decide which is the better response, so I guess I'll post them both...

1 - But now you have the everlasting gratitude of the cat. Priceless!

2 - $2500 and the damn cat is sh*tting all over your work.

I'd rate them:
#1 B+
#2 A+