RB

Default How do you tell if a toilet is properly seated

Ah, beeswax. Those were the good old days. Now it comes from an oil
well unless you have a hive in your pasture.

I'm looking at Fernco's toilet seal for a new bath I'm putting in. It
looks like the best solution and HD carries Fernco.

http://www.fernco.com/FTS.html

RB

Ultraglide wrote:
I had to take out the toilet in one of my bathroomw so that we could
wallpaper the wall behind it. When I replaced it, I put a new seal.
Lately, I have noticed that the grout in the ceramic floor is getting
damp and spreading away from the toilet. There is also what appears to
be a stain on the floor at the back. I am assuming that the toilet is
not properly sealed to the drain. I don't recall if I just used one of
the rings made just of beeswax or one with a plactic ring and beeswax.
How do I know when it is correctly sealed? There are no apparent cracks
in the toilet itself.

Any suggestions?
Take out the trash to reply