Edwin Pawlowski

Default kitchenaid dishwasher liner repair?

"Raymond Cruz" wrote in message
Questions:
1. If I can't get a replacement liner is it possible to have mine

repaired,
possibly by someone who would cut out the rotten area and weld in new

metal?

Possible by anyone that works with sheet metal. It will have to be welded
and it can ruin the coating inside around that area as it must be heated
rather high. I don' t think fiberglass would hod up, but it would be
cheaper and a DIY project.

Could I then use some tough enamel paint on the new metal?

I'd probably use an epoxy paint. it is hot and a rather causic envoronment.
My guess is the patch wil last maybe a year before you have problems again.

2. Is removal and replacement of the liner really a $300 job? Any reason
why a handy homeowner couldn't do this?

Time consuming. Not necessarily difficult, but it will take a couple of
hour and maybe longer putting it back together. They you have to get all
the seals just right.

BTW the warranty on this part was for 10 years.

You did good. Before spending the money to repair it, I'd really consider a
new machine. After doing all of this labor, you can put it all back, wash a
couple of loads and have the motor fail.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome