Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pancho Pancho is offline

Default Social non-distancing

On 10/09/2020 00:59, Roger Hayter wrote:
On 9 Sep 2020 at 14:12:14 BST, "Pancho"
wrote:

On 09/09/2020 14:08, Mark Carver wrote:
On 09/09/2020 13:27, newshound wrote:
IME it sometimes takes five minutes to figure out how these machines
work.

Make that *at least* five minutes for the ones in Swansea District
Council car parks. The menu display defaulting to Welsh adds another
hurdle for some.

I used to work with a Welsh guy, listening to him rant on about how much
he despised "The Welsh Language" was amusing.

Clearly a result of an inferiority complex due to lifelong regret at not being
brought up to speak it

He was bought up to speak it.

Being taught in Welsh was one of his favourite rants. "Where am I going
to get a job speaking Welsh", he'd say, If only I'd been taught Spanish,
Chinese, etc I'd have a skill that had some worth in the jobs market.
They might just as well have taught me to speak Klingon.

Proper Welsh guy, loved rugby, etc.