Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default Problems accessing NAS

In message , alan_m
writes
On 10/09/2020 07:33, Graeme wrote:

Or that.* I know the IP address of the router, and I'm sure our
external 'Zen' IP address is fixed, but beyond that ...

Yep, your Zen IP is static/fixed and will not change but its the box IP
that matters and the chances with a typical domestic set-up that will
remain the same.

Having done a little reading, I have found and opened Hosts (with
Notepad), and there are a million entries by Spybot, and one for Demon,
who I left years ago.

All the Spybot entries and the one Demon entry point to localhost
127.0.0.1. There are no entries identifying anything within our home
network - I was expecting xxx.x.x.x my laptop xxx.x.x.x wife's laptop
xxx.x.x.x printer etc., or have I misunderstood?
--
Graeme