Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Problems accessing NAS

On 09/09/2020 12:55, Graeme wrote:

I cannot map a network drive from her laptop to the NAS, which has 5
partitions, each of which is mapped as a drive on my laptop.Â* When I
click Map Network Drive under Explorer, on my laptop I see Fritzbox, my
laptop and any other laptop that is running.Â* On wife's, I see only her
laptop.

try typing in the search box in the bottom bar of the Win10 screen

\\192.168.178.xx
(the ip of the box where xx may be 01, 00 or something else depending on
your configuration)

You should then get a user name password box appearing
This is the user/pass for the NAS set up on the Fritz box

This should get a entry of 192.168.178.xx in the network section of
windows explorer

Click on 192.168.178.xx to expand to get the fritz.nas and right click
to get the map network drive option.