Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default Problems accessing NAS

In message , Paul
writes
Graeme wrote:
This is a continuation of the Fritzbox story, whereby the Fritzbox
has a USB hard drive plugged in, which I can see and access perfectly
via my laptop, but not via wife's laptop. Both connected by wi-fi.

You could try "Show Hidden Files".

Thanks Paul. I have set Show Hidden Files and Show File Extensions, but
am no further forward.

I can 'see' the drive, left clicking it shows the usual properties i.e.
capacity and left clicking it just tells me This Folder is Empty.

I have set up a third laptop in similar manner, with identical results,
and have convinced myself I am missing something blindingly obvious,
which is somewhat annoying. I just can't understand how I set up my own
laptop perfectly yet have failed miserably with two others.

Thinking further, what I can see from wife's laptop is the whole drive,
not the individual partitions I see from my own laptop.

--
Graeme