Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default Problems accessing NAS

This is a continuation of the Fritzbox story, whereby the Fritzbox has a
USB hard drive plugged in, which I can see and access perfectly via my
laptop, but not via wife's laptop. Both connected by wi-fi.

I think this must be a permissions or sharing problem - but am not sure.
We're running W10 on both laptops. Using wife's, I have now mapped a
network drive and can see the external hard drive, but clicking the hard
drive gives the message 'This folder is empty'. Clicking that drive on
my laptop, I see the expected content.

We both have user names and passwords, and can both log onto the
Fritzbox itself, and both seem to have the same access rights.

I've convinced myself it is a problem with Windows settings on her
laptop, but beyond that?

Any brilliant ideas? Thanks.

--
Graeme