Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moving a shed

How old is it, and what is the roof made of. I did move a very old shed a
few years back but it soon started to fall to bits after that, the floor and
the screws and nails in them were very rusty and many sheered the roof
being asbestos cement developed a crack due to the slight twisting during
the move. With hindsight, I should have left well alone except it was on
hardcore and earth and the foxes had burrowed under it.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Theo" wrote in message

We might be wanting to move a 2m x 2m garden shed, by about 1m and maybe
rotating it 90 degrees. It has plywood on the floor and appears to be
resting on paving slabs, not bolted down.

Beyond emptying it of stuff and getting N people to pick it up, any
suggestions for moving it easily? Perhaps sliding or rolling?

What immediately springs to mind are those giant crawler units used for
taking the Space Shuttle to the launch pad... maybe not.

Theo
.